Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exercising and being sick...?

I am an otherwise healthy male, I have been aggressively exercising for 60 days straight. I am on the fitness program called P90X. Last week, immediately after my cardio session, I felt my body literally go numb and ache like I was getting a cold chill to the bone. That night I had shakes and fever and was very ill. I literally slept for 3 days straight and I found out that I had actually caught the flu. I was afraid that my body was crashing from over exercising or maybe a combination of catching the flu and my weakened immune system. So, if I am feeling at about 60% better today, would it hurt to get back to my exercise routine or would that hinder my progress and hurt my performance? Would it be better to wait a few more days or should I just go with it? I read that after rest, exercise can actually jump start my immune system back up and help fight off the infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment