Saturday, January 7, 2012

Does anyone have any ideas to help me with my mom?

First of all, I would like to say that I am very sorry about your mother's condition... Unfortunately, there is no way to get her off the pills, even by weening them off. Even if you were able to hospitalize and try to treat her against her will, it would not be effective. I'm no doctor, but I know quite a bit about addiction. If you cut even a small supply of her painkillers off, she will go through withdrawal. The reason being that each pill uses different ingredients to treat the pain. If she stopped receiving any one of these things, her body would not be able to respond in any other way but withdrawal. If she is taking 77 pills in 3 days, her addiction is beyond help; no matter what you do, nothing will help her. She is beyond getting treatment, so the only thing to do is try to brace yourself and your kids for when she pes.

No comments:

Post a Comment